Sonia Sotomayor Supreme Court Justice at United States Supreme Court, Career, Net Worth, Personal Life, Education and More
Sonia Maria Sotomayor is an American associate justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. She was born on born June 25, 1954 at New York City, USA. She achieved so many achievements in her life. Literally, she is an inspiration for girls. On May 26, 2009, she was nominated by President Barack Obama.
|Born on||June 25, 1954|
|Age (as in 2021)||61|
Yale University (JD)
|Famous for||Supreme Court Justice at United States Supreme Court|
|Net Worth||6 million USD|
Education & Career
- Sonia Sotomayor was born on born June 25, 1954 in The Bronx, New York City, USA.
- In 1976, Sotomayor graduated summa cum laude from Princeton University.
- In 1979, she received her Juris Doctor degree from Yale Law School.
- In 1992, she was a partner in Pavia & Harcourt LLP as Represented luxury Italian goods retailer Fendi in an attempt to mitigate knockoff handbags in the designer’s name.
- In 1997, she worked as Federal District Judge at U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- In 2000, she worked as a Lecturer in Columbia Law School.
- In 2007, she joined as a Adjunct Professor in City University of New York (CUNY) School of Law.
- In 2008, Sotomayor nominated for the U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals by President Bill Clinton.
- In 2009, she nominated by President Barack Obama on May 26, 2009 and confirmed by the U.S. Senate in August 2009.
Sonia Sotomayor is the first Latina Supreme Court Justice in the history of the United States. She favored the poor in Obama’s health care law. In 1976, she married to Kevin Noonan and in 1983 she divorced. Sotomayor is very strong. After his father death, being raised by a single mother, struggling to make money, living with juvenile diabetes, and struggling to get a good education. Her life is full of inspiration and morals.
If you want to know anything else about the Sonia Sotomayor. Please comment below we will try to provide information.