Tata Chemicals Limited Company Profile, Wiki, Networth, Ower, CEO, Founder Name, Parent Company and more
Tata Chemicals Limited is an Indian multinational chemical company. the company headquarter is in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It has a strong position in the crop protection business through its subsidiary company Rallis India Ltd.
|Company Name||Tata Chemicals Limited|
|Parent Company||Tata Sons|
|Date of Establishment||1938|
|Establishment Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Revenue (in 2020)||INR 3,229.44 crores|
|Registered Address||Mumbai House, 24, Homi Mody Street, Mumbai-400001, Maharashtra, India|
|Telephone No.||022 66658143|
Tata chemicals operate through two verticals-Basic Chemistry and Specialty Chemistry:
Tata chemicals ltd. offer inorganic chemistry solutions the serve the world’s leading downstream brands. Its global value chain includes Tata Chemicals North America, Tata chemicals Europe, Tata chemicals Magadi and Tata chemicals South Africa. The company key products are:
Alkali Products: Soda ash, sodium bicarbonate, caustic soda, crushed refined soda.
Halogen products: chlorine-based products, bromine-based products.
Salt products: industrial salt, livestock salt, animal salt, gypsum.
Agro sciences: The company reach 80% of India’s districts and have seven power brands which offers crop production and agri-input solutions.
Nutritional sciences: the company offers an innovative range of nutritional solutions like prebiotics and healthier nutrition alternatives.
Material science: The company provides material science solutions include Highly Dispersible Silica and other grades of Precipitated Silica and Silica dispersion.
Energy science: The company have unique ability to build a truly circular economy around Lithium-ion technology- starting from active materials, to cell and battery manufacturing, finally to recycling critical materials from used batteries.
Tata chemical limited established in 1938.
- 1944, the company started soda ash production in February and an agreement signed in between Baroda State and Tata Chemicals.
- 1946, the company started production of sodium bicarbonate.
- 1971, the company set up Tata Energy Institute with Rs.1 Crore and plants and machinery were installed.
- 1981, the company started manufacturing mini toy train, Sabras Express, in Mithapur.
- 1991, the company started a new cement plant in Mithapur and started regional development program for Okhamandal villages.
- 2004, the company set up the innovation center to develop world-class R&D capability in the emerging area of nanotechnology and biotechnology.
- 2008, the company becomes world’s second largest soda ash manufacturer after acquiring US-based General Chemical industrial products.
- 2013, the company launched innovative organic plant growth regulators-FarmGro, and FarmGro G. Then, the company expanding its business and provide products in all over the world.
Tata chemicals ltd. is one of the subsidiary of Tata group which is founded by Dorabji Tata. He was born on 27 August 1859. Tata did primary education from the proprietary High School, Mumbai and then he entered in Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge. In 1897, he married to Meherbai and they did not have any children. He was very intelligent since school times and was interested in sports. He provided the seed money to fund the setting up of India’s premier scientific and engineering research institution known as the Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru. On 11 March 1932, he died.
Tata chemicals limited is an Indian chemical company. In 2020, the company revenue is Rs.3,229.44 crore. The company vision is to be leading sustainable chemistry solutions company serving customers based on innovative, science-led differentiated products and solutions.
If you want to know anything else about the Tata Chemicals Limited. Please comment below we will try to provide information.