UPL Limited Company Profile, Wiki, Networth, Ower, CEO, Founder Name, Parent Company and more
United Phosphorus Limited is an Indian multinational chemical company. The company headquarter is situated in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The company manufactures agrochemicals, industrial chemicals, chemical intermediates, specialty nutrients and crop protection solutions.
UPL is 5th agrochemical company in the world that offers both patented and post-patent agricultural solutions for various crops, including biological, crop protection seed treatment and post-harvest solutions covering the entire crop value chain.
|Company Name||UPL Limited|
|Founder||Mr. Rajnikant Shroff|
|Owner/Parent Company||United Phosphorus Ltd|
|Date of Establishment||29 May 1969|
|Revenue (in 2020)||INR 35,756 crore|
|Chairman/ Managing Director||Rajnikant Shroff|
|Registered Address||UPL House, 610 B/2, Bandra Village, Off Western Express Highway, Bandra (East), Mumbai 400 051 India|
|Telephone No.||1800 1021199|
Seed: The company provides sophisticated, high quality seeds world wide through innovation for local needs.
Crop Protection and Nutrients: The company provides chemicals like insecticides, pesticides etc. to the farmers so that they nurture the food being grown.
UPL Limited established in 1969.
- 1969, the company is started with red phosphorus.
- 1972, the company awarded Gold seal for Research and Development.
- 1980, the company started production of yellow Phosphorus, Ankleshwar.
- 1984, the company is listed in India’s stock exchange.
- 1996, the company started Caustic Chlorine plant.
- 2007, the company won National Award for Outstanding Research & Development on Population Control & environmental protection.
- 2014, the company increase in stake-UPL Brazil and crossed INR 100 billion.
- 2016, the company won the Friendly Green factory at Vietnam’s Brands and Environment.
- 2018, the company announced the acquisition of Costa Rica’s Bioquim Group. The company expanding its production and provides its products in all over the world.
UPL Limited founded by Mr. Rajnikant Shroff. He is an Indian Entrepreneur and the Chairman and Managing Director of the company. He was born in Kutch, Gujrat and did graduation in chemistry from Mumbai University. Shroff established a novel process of manufacturing mercury salts in a plant at UK. He is a kind hearted person. He believes that the prosperity of his company must be shared with not just the stakeholders with the society too.
UPL Limited is an Indian chemical company. In 2020, the company revenue is Rs. 35,756 crore (US$5.0 billion). The company is providing world-class quality of products in all over the world.
If you want to know anything else about the UPL Limited. Please comment below we will try to provide information.