Raymond Limited Profile, Wiki, Networth, Owner, CEO, Founder Name, Parent Company and more
Raymond Limited is an Indian textile and apparel company. The company headquarter is in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It is a diversified group with majority business interests in Textile & Apparel sectors and diverse segments such as FMCG, Engineering and Prophylactics in national and international markets. It enjoyed the patronage of over a billion consumers.
Raymond as a brand has been consistently delivering world class quality products to its consumers since the past nine decades. Raymond, a vertically and horizontally integrated manufacturer of Textiles, Raymond produces ‘The finest fabric in the world’.
The company has 1100 exclusive stores spread across 380+ cities and an expansive network of over 20,000 points-of-sale in India, and its brands are also available in tier IV & V cities. The company has also been a leading player in Shirting fabrics and is the No.1 brand in the OTC space.
|Company Name||Raymond Limited|
|Founder Name||Gautam Singhania|
|Date of Establishment||1925|
|Headquarter||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Revenue||INR 3314.64 Crores (in 2020)|
|Registered Address||Solitaire Building, Jekegram Pokhran Road no.1, Pokhran Road 2, Thane, Maharashtra 400606, India|
Raymond Limited established in 1925.
- 1925, the company set up a small woollen mill named as Raymond Woollen Mill in Thane.
- 1944, Lala Kailashpat Singhania took over Raymond, the mill was used to manufacture coarse woollen blankets and modest quantities of low-priced woolen fabrics.
- 1950, the company’s new manufacturing unit JK Files. The unit manufactured indigenous engineering files.
- 1952, Gopalkrishna Singhania arrived to assist his uncle Lala Kailashpat Singhania at the Raymond Mills in Mumbai.
- 1967, the company launched Trovine- a first of its kind cool and comfortable fabric ideal for Indian summers.
- 1995, the company introduced a range of superfine pure wool collection under the lineage line.
- 2005, the company achieved a rare feat and a historical milestone with the creation of the world’s finest worsted-suiting fabrics from the finest wool ever produced in the world- The Super 230s made up of 11.8 micron of wool.
- 2008, the company launched of Readymade garments under the Raymond brand name now known as Raymond Ready to Wear.
- 2014, the company opened the first EBO for Raymond Ready to Wear.
- 2017, the company commissioned Garmenting Plant at Hawassa in Ethiopia .
Raymond Limited company chairman is Gautam Singhania. He is an Indian businessman. Singhania was born on 1965 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He studied in St. Mary’s school, Mumbai, and did graduation from H.R. College in Churchgate, Mumbai.
In 1986, Singhania joined Singhania family’s JK group of companies. Later, he joined Raymond Group. Under his leadership, the group moved its focus to fabrics, apparel brands, prophylactics, and men’s toiletries. He has also focused on international partnerships for Raymond, including joint ventures with UCO Textiles of Belgium and Gruppo Zambaiti of Italy.
Singhania married to Nawaz Modi Singhania and blessed with a daughter Niharika Singhania. He is very talented and expanded Raymond Limited into various segments.
Raymond Limited Company is an Indian textile and apparel industry. The company revenue is 3314.64 Crores INR in Year 2019-20. The company offers luxurious service allows discerning customers to personalize their ensemble bringing together their own personal taste.
If you want to know anything else about the Raymond Limited. Please comment below we will try to provide information.