National Mineral Development Corporation Company Profile, Wiki, Networth, Ower, CEO, Founder Name, Parent Company and more
National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) is an Indian multinational metal company. The company headquarter is in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. It is an India’s single largest iron ore producer. The company develop and exploit mineral resources other than fuel oil and atomic minerals. The company delivers its products in all over the world with high-quality and customer satisfaction.
|Company Name||National Mineral Development Corporation|
|Founder Name||Government of India|
|Owner||Government of India (with 69.65% stack)|
|Date of Establishment||15 November 1958|
|Revenue||INR 11,699.22 crores (in 2020)|
|Chairman/Managing Director||Sumit Deb|
|Registered Address||Khanij Bhavan, Masab Tank, Hyderabad – 500028, India|
- Iron ore
- Rock phosphate
- Beach sands
NMDC established in 1958 and started its operation from a very small unit but now it manufactures products at very large level. The company had developed many mines like Kiriburu, Meghataburu iron ore mines in Bihar, Khetri Copper deposit in Rajasthan, Kudremukh Iron Ore Mine in Karnataka, Phosphate deposit in Mussorie. Presently, NMDC is producing about 20 million tonnes of iron ore from Bailadila sector mines and 10 million tonnes from Donimalai sector mines. The company is setting up a 3 MTPA Steel Plant at Nagarnar in Chhattisgarh.
NMDC founded by Government of India. The company Chairman and Managing Director is Shri Sumit Deb. He is an Indian industrialist and born at Hyderabad. Deb is very creative and innovative person and handles all the operations in the industry.
NMDC objectives are as follows:
- To expand the operations in the areas of Mining and Mineral Processing to meet the growing demands from domestic and international Markets
- Achieve international standards in per capita productivity, value addition and cost effectiveness
- To increase the iron ore production capacity to 67 MTPA by FY 2025
- Setting up of Steel Plant at Nagarnar
- Achieve growth by: (a) Expansion of existing mines (b) Operating new mines fully owned by NMDC or in Joint Venture
- To maintain environment protection
- To conserve mineral resources through scientific mining
- Give thrust to exploration and exploitation of iron ore and other strategic & critical minerals
- To maintain high level of customer satisfaction
- To improve the quality of life of people in general and socio-economic environment in and around the mines in particular
National Mineral Development Corporation is an Indian metal industry. In 2020, the company revenue is Rs.11,699.22 crore (US$1.6 billion). The company total equity is Rs.27,533.95 crore (US$3.9 billion) and total assets is Rs.31,143.94crore (US$4.4 billion).
If you want to know anything else about the National Mineral Development Corporation. Please comment below we will try to provide information.