Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Company Profile, Wiki, Networth, Owner, CEO, Founder Name, Parent Company, Logo and many more
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited is an Indian aerospace and defence company. The company headquarter is in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. It is an Indian state-owned defence company. The company engaged and is contributing to the space programmes of the country. Presently, the company meeting the requirements of structures for aerospace launch vehicles and satellites of ISRO through the Division. Infrastructure has also been set up to undertake complete assembly of the strap-on L-40 stage booster. Structures for GSLV Mk.III, Mars Mission and Human crew module have been supplied by HAL to ISRO. The company is also setting up dedicated facility for manufacture of cryogenic engines.
|Company Name||Hindustan Aeronautics Limited|
|Founder Name||Walchand Hirachand|
|Date of Establishment||1940|
|Revenue||₹21,522.07 crore (US$2.8 billion) (2020)|
|Registered Address||15/1 Cubbon Road|
Bangalore 560 001
|Telephone No.||91 – 80 – 22320701, 22320903, 22320376|
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited established in 1940.
- In 1940, the company was incorporated, with the aim of manufacturing aircraft in India.
- In January 1951, Hindustan Aircraft Limited was placed under the administrative control of Ministry of Defence, Government of India and the HT-2 Trainer aircraft, designed and produced by the company under the able leadership of Dr. V.M.Ghatge flew for the first time.
- In 1964, an Amalgamation Order issued by the Government of India and the Company after the amalgamation was named as “Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)” with its principal business being design, development, manufacture, repair and overhaul of aircraft, helicopters, engines and related systems like avionics, instruments and accessories.
- In 1982, the Company entered into an agreement with USSR and started production of Swing-wing MiG-27M aircraft as a follow on project for MiG-21 BIS at Nasik Division of the Company.
- In 2016, a new integrated facility for manufacturing of indigenous Light Utility Helicopter(LUH) is coming up at Tumakuru near Bengaluru.
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited mission is to achieve self-reliance in design, development, manufacture, upgrade and maintenance of aerospace equipment diversifying into related areas and managing the business in a climate of growing professional competence to achieve world class performance standards for global competitiveness and growth in exports.
Awards and Recognitions
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited conferred with several International & National Awards for achievements in Research and Design, Technology, Managerial Performance, Exports, Energy Conservation, Quality and Corporate Social Responsibility activities. Some of the awards are listed below:
- Raksha Mantri Award for Excellence in Performance under Institutional Category for the years 2007-08, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2012-13 and 2015-16 from Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
- Raksha Mantri Award for excellence in performance (design effort) for AURDC for the year 2005-06(MiG-27 upgrade).
- Raksha Mantri Award for Excellence for Best Performance Exports under Institutional Category for the year 2008-09 from Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
- Raksha Mantri Award for Best Performing Division among DPSUs for the year 2011-12, 2013-14 and 2014-15 in the Category of Division/Factory/Shipyard Awards for HAL, Hyderabad Division.
- MoU Excellence Award under Industrial Sector for the year 2008-09 by Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises, Government of India.
- SCOPE Award for Excellence and Outstanding Contribution to the Public Sector Management-2011-12 Institutional Category I (Maharatna & Navratna PSEs) by President of India at the Standing Conference of Public Enterprises.
- SCOPE Meritorious Award for R&D, Technology Development and Innovation for the year 2012-13.
- SCOPE Meritorious Award for Good Corporate Governance for the year 2014-15.
- Golden Peacock Eco-Innovation Award 2013 from the Institute of Directors.
- Golden Peacock Award for Corporate Social Responsibility in the year 2015 from the Institute of Directors (IOD).
- Golden Peacock Innovative Product / Service Award for the Project ‘Combined Interrogator and Transponder (CIT)’ for the year 2016-17 instituted by the Institute of Directors (IOD).
- Performance Excellence Award for its Financial and Operational strength from Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering (IIIE) for the years 2008-09, 2014-15 and 2015-16.
- IEI Industry Excellence Award 2013 for overall business excellence and industry practices by the Institution of Engineers (India).
- IEI Industry Excellence Award 2014 for business excellence and industry practices in manufacturing & processing (category – turnover of `1,000 crore and above) for the year 2014 by the Institution of Engineers (India)
- IEI Industry Excellence Award 2017 for demonstrating highest order of business excellence in Manufacturing & Processing group by the Institution of Engineers (India).
- Declared Legend PSU of the Year in Navratna PSUs during the News Ink Legend PSU Shining Award- 2013.
- Master Brand Award 2014-15 by CMO Asia and CMO Council.
- Global Green Award 2014 from Association Otherways Management & Consulting (France) in Berlin, Germany.
- FICCI R&D Award 2015 by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- India Pride Award 2014-15 for excellence in defence under public sector undertaking – central category from Dainik Bhaskar Group.
- Star Performer Award for the year 2013-14 from Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC) India in the product group miscellaneous transport equipment and parts (large enterprise) during the 46th National Awards for Export Excellence.
- Best Manufacturer Exporter Award in ‘large category – Gold’ in the year 2016 from Federation of Karnataka Chambers of Commerce & Industries (FKCCI).
- 2nd Corporate Governance Excellence Awards for the year 2015-16 under un-listed Public Sector Company (More than Rs 500 crore turnover) by the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM).
- SKOCH Platinum Award & SKOCH Order-Of-Merit award for ‘Design & Development of Light Combat Helicopter’ by SKOCH Group for 2016.
- Aerospace and Defence Awards 2017 under the category of ‘Company of the year’ by SAP Media Worldwide Limited.
- SKOCH BSE Award & SKOCH Order-Of-Merit Award 2017 on Corporate Excellence for ‘Integration of BrahMos Missile on SU-30 MKI Aircraft’ by SKOCH Group.
- SKOCH Order-Of-Merit award for ‘Kumudavathi River Rejuvenation’ Project by SKOCH Group for 2017.
- CISO Platform Award 2017 for companywide implementation of Active Directory with innovative features.
- ‘BSE CIO Klub Award 2017’ for implementation of Make in India Portal
- Sustainability Awards 2017 in recognition of Quality Management under the Category of ’Secondary Processing / Fabrication Plants of Non-Ferrous Product’ by Indian Institute of Metals (IIM).
- ‘Gold Trophy’ by ASSOCHAM India in recognition of outstanding contribution to skill Development in ‘Best PSU – Public Sector Training Program’ Category during the Summit-cum-Awards function on Skilling India.
- ‘BT-CSR Excellence Award’ for the year 2017 instituted by Bureaucracy Today for the Project ‘Kumudavathi River Rejuvenation’.
- Golden Peacock Innovative Product / Service Award for the year 2018 for the project ‘Repair of Non-ToT Test Equipment ARM-RLSU (SNK-30 MK) used for Checking of Radar Complex of Su-30 MkI Aircraft.
- ‘Star Performer Award for the year 2016-17’ in the Product Group – Defence Related Items, Large Enterprise by Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC) India.
- 41st EEPC Southern region Export Award for ‘Excellence in Export of Engineering Services’ for the year 2016-17.
- Visvesvaraya Trade Promotion Council (VTPC) Karnataka State Export Award for the year 2016-17.
- Dun & Bradstreet PSU Award-2018 under ‘Heavy & Medium Engineering’ Category.
- ‘Gold Trophy’ in recognition of outstanding contribution to Skill Development in ‘Best PSU- Public Sector Training Programme’ category, during the Summit-cum-Awards function on Skilling India, organized by ASSOCHAM for the year 2018.
- ‘Make in India Excellence for UDAN’ Award during ‘Aero MRO India 2018’.
- IEI Industry Excellence Award 2018 for demonstrating highest order of Business Excellence.
- Governance Now 6th PSU Award for Technology Adaptation under Navratna Category for the year 2018.
- Gold Award ‘Apex India CSR Excellence Awards 2018’ in the Aerospace Sector for outstanding achievement in CSR Management for the Kumudavathi River Rejuvenation project by the Apex India Foundation.
- SCOPE Corporate Communication Excellence Award 2019 (third prize) under ‘Best Corporate Communication Campaign Program – External Communication’ Category for DefExpo-2018 media campaign.
- Governance Now 7th PSU award for ‘Research and Innovation’ category for the year 2019.
- Awarded first prize for Innovative Training Practices by Indian Society for Training & Development (ISTD) for the year 2019-20.
- Kaushalacharya Award in recognition of outstanding contribution towards engaging apprentices and adopting initiatives relating to Apprenticeship Training in ‘Central Government & Central PSU’ Category during the Kaushalacharya Samadar 2020.
- Aerospace and Defense Awards – 2021 by ‘SAP Media Worldwide Ltd’ under two Categories namely ‘Outstanding contribution in Defence Industry’ and ‘Excellence in Innovation, Design, Technology or R&D’.
- The COVID Care Center (CCC) established at the HAL Convention Center in Bengaluru was awarded the Skoch ‘Order of Merit’ certificate by the Skoch group.
- Awarded first prize amongst the OFB & DPSUs on the basis of the performance during the Swachhta Pakhwada–2020.
- Vayoshreshtha Samman – 2021 award under the Category ‘Best Public Sector Organisation in promoting the well-being and welfare of Senior Citizens’ by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Awarded first rank (Gold Category) by Government eMarketplace (GeM) of Ministry under CPSE category for the order volume placed by HAL through the GeM portal during the year 2020-21.
- IEI Industry Excellence Award 2021 by virtue of demonstrating a higher order of business excellence.
- Wings India Award 2022 under ‘Aviation Innovation Award’ category by Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industries (FICCI).
- Awarded third Prize in National Water Awards – 2020-21 under ‘Best Industry for CSR activities’ category instituted by Ministry of Jal Shakti, Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation for Kumudavathi River Rejuvenation Project.
- Winner of the 51st EEPC (Engineering Exports Promotion Council) India National Awards for Star Performers for the year 2018-19 in the product Group Defence Related items.
If you want to know anything else about the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL). Please comment below we will try to provide information.