Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited Company Profile, Wiki, Networth, Owner, CEO, Founder Name, Parent Company, Logo and more
Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited is an Indian Defence Company. The company headquarter is in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It is one of the leading shipbuilding yard in India. The company has earned a reputation for quality work and established a tradition of skilled and resourceful service to the shipping world in general and the Indian Navy & Coast Guard. The company has grown from a single unit, small ship repair company, into a multi-unit and multi-product company, with significant rise in production, use of modern technology and sophistication of products. MDL current portfolio of designs spans a wide range of products for both domestic and overseas clients. The company had also delivered cargo ships, passenger ships, supply vessels, multipurpose support vessel, water tankers, tugs, dredgers, fishing trawlers, barges & border out posts for various customers in India as well as abroad.
|Company Name||Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited|
|Date of Establishment||1934|
|Revenue||₹5,289.53 crore (US$690 million) (2019)|
|Registered Address||Dockyard Road, Mazagon,|
Mumbai – 400 010,
|Telephone No.||+91 – 2376 2000, 2376 3000,|
|Fax||+91- 222373 8159|
Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited established in 1934. In 1934, the company was incorporated as a Private Limited company. In 1960, Government takeover the company. MDL grew rapidly to become the premier war-shipbuilding yard in India, producing warships for the Navy and offshore structures for the Bombay High. MDL fabricated and delivered jackets, main decks of wellhead platforms, process platforms, jack-up rigs etc. The company activities are construction of warships and submarines with facilities situated at Mumbai and Nhava and have the capability to build warships, submarines, merchant ships upto 40,000 DWT.
A) Services for Project Construction Requirement
- Fabrication of Steel structure
- NDT testing of welded joints
- Full Welding of units and outfitting items
- Blasting and painting
- Erection and dismantling of Scaffolding
- Paneling of small cradles
- Removal, repair and installation of GRP structure
- Manufacturing of block & outfitting
- Cleaning, Mechanical wire brushing and oiling of tanks
- Dehumidification cum cooling system
- Slicing of scramble nets
- Cutting, machining & testing of welding test pieces for welding procedure specification
B) Services for Yard Requirement
- Pest control services
- Hiring of Transport, Trucks, Trailers, Vans, T cars, Forklift
- Transportation of Material
- Facility Hire: Cranes, Generators, Compressor, Portable cool air, photocopier, Printers
- Canteen Services: Executive Mess, workers canteen, Ships, Supply of provisions during trials
- House Keeping Services including Horticulture
- Renting of Hotel & other accommodation
- Electrical Maintenance work (wiring &lighting), LT,HT Installation
- Winding & rewinding of Motors
- Repair type work in plumbing & Masonary (Civil), Pre-monsoon repairs
- Hiring of security services, courier services, manpower
- Conduct of written test etc for candidates (online platform)
- Inspection & Testing, Calibration services
- Consultancy Services on need basis on HSE, 5S, QA etc
- Maintenance Contracts (ARC, BRC,TRC etc)
- a. Cranes
- b. LPG System
- c. Lift
- d. Fire Extinguishert
- e. A/C
- f. Water Purifier
- g. EPABX
- h. Pumps
- i. Battery operated trucks
- j. Electrical Items like Transformer, Rectifier etc.
- k. CNC Machines
- l. Submarine Transporter
- m. HVAC Systems
- n. CCTV
- Travelling Agents
- Testing at laboratory
- Shamiana’s for function
- Hiring of hoarding sites
- Audit services, Stock Verifiers
Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited is an Indian Defence Industry. In 2019, the company revenue is Rs.5,289.53crore (US$740million). It is also called “Ship Builder to the Nation”, is one of India’s leading Defence public sector undertaking shipyard under the Ministry of Defence.
The Company has qualified manpower to implement CAD/CAM/CIM using the latest ship design software’s, operating from a number of work stations having the latest computer hardware to provide, up to date design and production support, commensurate with for the yard’s capabilities. The workforce is well trained in various disciplines.
Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) is one of India’s leading DPSU shipyard under Ministry of Defence with prime focus on construction of Warships & Submarine. MDL is committed to be part of “Start-up India” initiated launched by Government of India to encourage entrepreneurship & promote innovation.
As a first step, MDL has identified items / services which can propel the Start-ups to start their business & be a part of MDLs supply chain. Thereby, Start-ups need not meet qualification criteria related to prior experience – prior turnover while participating in MDL tenders wherein part quantities would stand reserved for them with the understanding that other commercial, technical & quality parameters stands met.
Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) is committed to undertake various programs for integrating social and business goals in a sustainable manner to create social impact through inclusive growth activities to bring about impact on people and society at large. We have spent ₹49.90 million, ₹116.90 million, ₹136.53 million and ₹48.5 million in Fiscals 2015, 2016 and 2017 and the six months period ended September 30, 2017 respectively in accordance with our corporate social responsibility and sustainability policy. Some of the key highlights of MDL CSR activities in the past include the following:
- Adoption of Kherde Gram Panchayat of Shahpur Tehsil of Thane district for the overall development under the ‘Adarsh Gram Yojna’ by installing 50 solar energy street lights, arranging solid waste management systems, clean drinking water and providing quality education, skill development and women empowerment to its villagers.
- Financed the renovation of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) of KEM hospital, Vaaran Mumbai, and providing modern medical equipments, beds and ventilators to the hospital.
MDL have also set up project in Marathwada for the drought prone areas, opened a school for tribal girls under the ABM Samaj Prabodan Sansthan in Thane and undertaken skill development initiatives through National Handicap Finance and Development Corporation, Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology and other industrial training institute and vocational training centers, as part of MDL CSR
If you want to know anything else about the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited. Please comment below we will try to provide information.