ACC Limited Company Profile, Wiki, Networth, Owner, CEO, Founder Name, Parent Company and more
Associated cement Companies (ACC) Limited is an Indian multinational cement company. The company headquarter is in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It is a leading company in the Indian building materials space, with a pan-India operational and marketing presence.
The company has established reputation as a pioneer organization that has consistently set new benchmarks with innovative research and product development. ACC has experience and expertise spanning over eight decades and actively contributed to India’s progress.
ACC has rich experience in mining, being the largest user of limestone. As one of the largest cement producers in India, it is also among the biggest customers of the domestic coal industry of Indian Railways, and a considerable user of the country’s road transport network services for inward and outward movement of materials and products. On 15 May 2022, Adani Group acquired Holcim’s stake in ACC.
|Company Name||ACC Limited|
|Date of Establishment||1 August 1936|
|Revenue||INR 15967.86 Crores|
|Registered Address||Cement house, 121, Maharshi Karve road, Mumbai 400020, Maharashtra, India|
|Telephone No.||91-22-41593321/ 66654321|
Associated cement Companies Limited established in 1936.
- 1936, the company started cement production.
- 1965, ACC’s Central Research Station established at Thane and manufacture of Portland Pozzolana Cement and manufacture of Calundum, a High Alumina Binder; Firecrete, Low Density Alumina Castables and High Alumina Refractory Cement.
- 1987, ACC developed a new binder for use at sub-zero temperatures, which is successfully used in the Indian expedition to Antarctica.
- 1999, the company commissioned of captive power plants at the Jamul and Kymore plants in Madhya Pradesh and tata group sells 7.2% of its stake in ACC to Ambuja Cement Holdings Ltd, a subsidiary of Gujarat Ambuja Cements Ltd. (GACL).
- 2009, ACC received the Jamanalal Bajaj “Uchit Vyavahar Puraskar” of Council for Fair Business Practices and allotted coal blocks in Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal and ACC’s new Grinding plant of capacity 1.60 million tonnes inaugurated at Thondebhavi in Karnataka and Cement House transformed into Green building with Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification from Indian Green Building Council.
- 2019, ACC Jamul unveiled a 5.35 MW solar photovoltaic plant to generate solar energy that will power operations at the plant and set a world record for pumping concrete over a distance of nearly 2.5 kilometers and ACC named the ‘Most Preferred Brand’ in the cement category at the National Real Estate Leadership Congress and Awards 2019.
Associated cement Companies Limited company chairman is Narotam Satyanarayan Sekhsaria. He is an Indian billionaire businessman and born at Gujarat. His family business was involved into the cotton trade. But he left the family business and entered into the cement business and established Ambuja Cement Pvt. Ltd. company in 1983. He holds chemical engineer degree from the Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai. He is married and blessed with a son Pulkit Sekhsaria and a daughter Padmini Somani. Narotam Sekhsaria also started an NGO, Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation to support students for overseas education.
If you want to know anything else about the Associated Cement Companies Limited. Please comment below we will try to provide information.