Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) Company Profile, Wiki, Networth, Owner, CEO, Founder Name, Parent Company and more
Bharat Electronics Limited is an Indian aerospace and defence company. The company headquarter is in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. The company established by the Government of India under the Ministry of Defence to meet the specialised electronic needs of the Indian defence services. Over the years, it has grown into a multi-product, multi-technology, multi-unit company serving the needs of customers in diverse fields in India and abroad. R&D engineers are engaged in the development of new products, cutting edge technology modules, subsystem, processes & components in the following major areas:
- Sonars & Naval Systems
- – Communications
- Command Control Systems
- Electronic Warfare Systems & Avionics
- Tank and Opto-electronics
- Broadcast, Satcom & Telecom
- Other products & systems
|Company Name||Bharat Electronics Limited|
Mutual Funds (24.43%)
Foreign Portfolio Investors (15.73%)
Life Insurance Corporation (7.5%)
Bank of Baroda (4%)
|Date of Establishment||1954|
|Revenue||₹14,233 crore (US$1.9 billion) (2021)|
|Registered Address||Outer Ring Rd, Vyalikaval HBCS Layout, Nagavara,|
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560045 India
Bharat Electronics Limited established in 1954. In 1954, BEL set up in association with CSF, France, to manufacture basic communication equipment but now the company produces a wide range of state-of-the-art equipment in fields such as Defence Communication, Radars, Naval Systems, C4I Systems, Weapon Systems, Homeland Security, Telecom & Broadcast Systems, Electronic Warfare, Tank Electronics, Electro Optics, Professional Electronic Components and Solar Photovoltaic Systems, and also provides turnkey system solutions.
The company has set up educational institutions, including a special school for the mentally challenged. It has also set up hospitals, fine arts clubs and sports facilities. These and other welfare initiatives ensure a good quality of life for employees and their dependents. Some of these facilities also serve the local community. BEL is currently concentrating on promoting education, sanitation, health care, rural development, employment and enhancing vocational skills, while ensuring environmental sustainability.
- Defence Communication products
- Land-based Radars
- Naval Systems
- Electronic Warfare Systems
- Electro Optics
- Tank & Armoured Fighting Vehicle Electronic Systems
- Weapon Systems
- C4I Systems
- Shelters & Masts
- Components / Devices
Make In India Initiatives
BEL will strive to achieve its cherished goals of self reliance by strongly supporting & implementing Govt’s initiative on ‘Make In India’ and thereby giving further boost to the Indian Industry.
BEL recognizes outsourcing as one of the strategic tools to achieve cost benefits and also complement the strengths of private sector to build a strong industrial base. To facilitate outsourcing, the company has well established procedures to carry out purchase, sub-contract and works contract activities as per the respective manual approved by Competent Authority. These manuals also follow the guidelines issued by CVC from time to time.
Following are the major initiatives taken in this regard:
- Broadening of domestic vendor base: 1913 Indigenous vendors added during 2016-17.
- Online vendor registration
- Release of Outsourcing & Vendor Development Policy
- Implementation of e-procurement
Bharat Electronics Limited is to be a customer focussed, globally competitive company in defence electronics and in other chosen areas of professional electronics, through quality, technology and innovation.
Bharat Electronics Limited company objectives is as follows:
- To be a customer focussed company providing state-of-the-art products & solutions at competitive prices, meeting the demands of quality, delivery & service.
- To generate internal resources for profitable growth.
- To attain technological leadership in defence electronics through in-house R&D, partnership with defence/research laboratories & academic institutions.
- To give thrust to exports.
- To create a facilitating environment for people to realise their full potential through continuous learning & team work.
- To give value for money to customers & create wealth for shareholders.
- To constantly benchmark company’s performance with best-in-class internationally.
- To raise marketing abilities to global standards.
- To strive for self-reliance through indigenisation.
If you want to know anything else about the Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL). Please comment below we will try to provide information.