Bharat Dynamics Limited Company Profile, Wiki, Networth, Owner, CEO, Founder Name, Parent Company and more
Bharat Dynamics Limited is an Indian Defence Industry. The company headquarter is in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. It is a Government of India Enterprise under the Ministry of Defence to be a manufacturing base for guided missiles and allied defence equipment. The company is nurtured by a pool of talented engineers drawn from DRDO and aerospace industries. Presently, the company has three manufacturing units. The first unit is co-located with its Corporate Office at Hyderabad, the second one in Sangareddy District of Telangana and the third unit, which is dedicated exclusively to the manufacture of underwater weapons, is at Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh.
|Company Name||Bharat Dynamics Limited|
|Chairman||Commodore Siddharth Mishra|
|Date of Establishment||1970|
|Revenue||₹3,095.20 crore (US$410 million) (2020)|
|Owner||Government of India|
|Registered Address||Financial District, Nanakramguda, Hyderabad, Telangana – 500032, India|
- Akash Weapon System– It is an indigenously developed, an all – weather, air defence weapon system, uses a high explosive, pre-fragmented warhead that can engage multiple threats simultaneously.
- Counter Measures Dispensing System– It is a state-of-the-art Flare and Chaff Dispensing System providing self-protection to the aircraft against Radar guided & IR seeking missiles.
- Milan 2T- It is a man portable (Infantry) second generation ATGM, to destroy Tanks fitted with Explosive Reactive Armour, moving and stationary targets.
- KONKURS-M– It is a Second Generation, mechanized infantry ATGM, to destroy armored vehicle equipped with Explosive Reactive Armour, moving and stationary targets.
- LIGHT WEIGHT TORPEDO (TAL) – It is an electrically propelled, self-homing underwater weapon. It can be launched from ship / helicopter. Seawater activated battery.
- Varunastra or Heavy Weight Torpedo – It is a ship launched, electrically propelled underwater weapon. Equipped with the most advanced automatic and remote-controlled guidance system. It uses its own intelligence in tracing the target.
- Submarine Fired Decoy- It acts as a preferred target in presence of own submarine to a passive or active homing torpedo. This can function as a preferred target and offers zero response time for launching. Deployed from signal cartridge launch tube.
- FLAME – Fagot Launcher Adapted to Milan Equipment is a cost-effective launcher for firing Milan Missiles. Easy to deploy. Operates on Missile thermal battery. Man portable.
- INVAR (ROUND 3UBK 20)– It is a mechanized infantry weapon fired from the gun barrel of T90 tank to destroy armoured vehicles equipped with Explosive Reactive Armour.
- NAG – It is a third Generation (Fire and Forget) mechanized infantry ATGM, with top attack capability to destroy armored vehicle equipped with Explosive Reactive Armour, moving and stationary targets.
- MEDIUM RANGE SURFACE –TO- AIR MISSILE (MRSAM) – It is a high response, quick reaction, vertically launched supersonic missile, designed to neutralize enemy aerial threats – missiles, aircraft, guided bombs, helicopters. Used by Army, Navy and Air Force as different variants
Bharat Dynamics Limited established in 1970. In 1970, BDL began its journey by producing the 1st Generation Anti -Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) – the French SS11B1. It was a culmination of a Licence Agreement the Government of India entered into with Aerospatiale, French Republic. The company has three manufacturing units, located at Kanchanbagh, Hyderabad, T.S., Bhanur, Sangareddy district, T.S. and Visakhapatnam, A.P. Two New Units are planned at Ibrahimpatnam, Ranga Reddy district, T.S. and Amravathi, Maharashtra. BDL taken lead by the Nation to develop indigenous, sophisticated and contemporary missiles through the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme (IGMDP), gave BDL an opportunity to be closely involved in the programme, wherein it was identified as the Prime Production Agency. This opened up a plethora of opportunities to assimilate advanced manufacturing and programme management technologies and skills.
Bharat Dynamics Limited company mission is to establish itself as a leading manufacturer in the aerospace & underwater weapons industry and emerge as a world class sophisticated, State-of-the-art, global enterprise, providing solutions to the security system needs of the country.
If you want to know anything else about the Bharat Dynamics Limited. Please comment below we will try to provide information.