Beneful is a brand of dog food owned by Nestlé Purina PetCare. It was introduced in 2001 and is one of the most popular dog food brands in the United States. Beneful is known for its variety of flavors, including beef, chicken, and salmon. The food is also high in protein and fiber, which are important for dogs. Beneful is available in dry food, wet food, and treats.
|Founder Name||Ralston Purina|
|Owner||Nestlé Purina PetCare|
|Date of Establishment||2001|
Beneful was introduced in 2001 by Ralston Purina, which was acquired by Nestlé in 2002. The brand is now owned by Nestlé Purina PetCare.
Beneful is one of the most successful brands in the pet food industry, with a compelling story of nutrition, appearance and innovation since its introduction to the market in 2001. Beneful’s unique name is “full of goodness” and the company has spent more than $34 million on television advertising to promote it. Further expansion measures taken by Beneful have included investing in wet food production and attempting to “humanize” their dog food, both of which have been successful.
In an effort to reach out to customers, Beneful have used television ads to reach dogs directly, posters to attract them with smells and interactive billboards to engage people. Finally, their annual Dream Dog Park Contest allows people to submit designs for parks to be renovated. These initiatives all demonstrate how Beneful are a cutting edge company in the pet food industry, striving to provide the best nutrition and experience for their customers.
- 2001: The Beneful brand of dog food was introduced to the market and a $34-million Beneful television advertising campaign was aired.
- 2006: Beneful was generating $300 million in revenues and the company invested $36 million to upgrade facilities in St. Joseph, Missouri.
- 2010: Beneful humanized its dog food and introduced IncrediBites.
- 2011: Beneful released posters in Germany and started airing television ads in Austria with high pitch noises only dogs could hear.
- 2012: Beneful released interactive billboards in New York allowing people to play virtual fetch in a subway station.
- 2013: Beneful held its annual Dream Dog Park Contest, with 1,000 designs submitted for a $500,000 renovation.
Beneful Brand Logo
We thank you very much for setting aside some of your time to read our article about “Beneful”. We hope it was useful and informative. In order to gain the most current news and knowledge about various businesses, please do not forget to subscribe to our website.