IAMS is a brand of pet food owned by Mars, Incorporated. It was founded in 1946 by Paul F. Iams, an animal nutritionist who graduated from The Ohio State University in 1937. Iams is one of the most popular pet food brands in the world, and is available in over 70 countries.
IAMS pet food is made with high-quality ingredients, including real meat, poultry, and vegetables. The food is also fortified with vitamins and minerals to ensure that pets get the nutrients they need to stay healthy and active. IAMS is available in a variety of forms, including dry food, wet food, and treats.
IAMS is a good choice for pets of all ages and breeds. The food is nutritionally balanced and affordable, and it is available in a variety of flavors that pets will love. IAMS also offers a variety of educational resources and support programs to help pet owners take care of their pets.
|Founder Name||Paul Iams|
|Owner||Mars, Incorporated (worldwide)|
Spectrum Brands (Europe only)
|Previous Owner||Procter & Gamble (1999–2014)|
|Date of Establishment||1946|
|Establishment Place||Dayton, Ohio|
|Registered Address||8700 South Mason Montgomery Road|
- 1946: Paul Iams, an animal nutritionist, founded the Iams Company in a small feed mill near Dayton, Ohio.
- 1950: Paul Iams developed the world’s first animal-based protein dry dog food and named it IAMS 999.
- 1969: Iams formulated a new dog food and called it Eukanuba.
- 1973: The Arab oil embargo caused a sudden increase in meat and bone meal prices, but U.S. sale prices were frozen by President Richard Nixon’s wage and price control mandate.
- 1975: Clay Mathile purchased half of the Iams Company.
- 1982: Clay Mathile became the sole owner and president of the Iams Company.
- 1999: Clay Mathile sold the Iams Company to Procter & Gamble (P&G).
- 2006: P&G reorganized the Pet Health & Nutrition division into P&G Pet Care.
- 2014: Procter & Gamble sold Iams, Eukanuba, and Natura to Mars, Incorporated for $2.9 billion in cash.
- 2014: Mars, Inc. acquired P&G’s pet-food business in some parts of Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa.
- 2014: P&G sold its European pet-care business to Spectrum Brands.
IAMS Brand Logo
We are truly thankful to you for investing your precious time to read our article regarding “IAMS”. It is our wish that it has been informative and helpful. In order to get additional stories such as this one, be sure that you subscribe to our website to catch the most recent news and understanding from different fields.