Today, Aveeno is one of the most popular skincare and hair care brands in the US. This brand has been around since 1945 and is owned by the consumer goods and pharmaceutical company Johnson & Johnson. Aveeno’s first product was their Soothing Bath Treatment and all products contain colloidal oats or oat extracts-avenanthramides which have been marketed as “active naturals”. The brand slogan, “Better Ingredients. Better Skincare: Aveeno”, provides customers with a guarantee that the best ingredients are being used in the products.
Aveeno offers an extensive range of products to treat various skin conditions. These include eczema, psoriasis, urushiol-induced contact dermatitis, pruritus ani, chickenpox, hives, and sunburn. Aveeno also boasts different collections like Positively Radiant, Anti-Aging, and Ultra Calming.
The name Aveeno was derived from the scientific name for the common oat, Avena sativa. The parent company, Johnson & Johnson, purchased Aveeno in 1999 and has since expanded it into categories like baby care, body wash and facial care. The Active Soy ingredient was introduced in the facial care line and the Clear Complexion acne care in 2005.
Aveeno is a popular and trusted brand due to their quality ingredients and range of products to treat various skin conditions. There is no wonder why it has been a staple in the beauty industry for over 75 years.
|Founders||Albert Musher and Sidney Musher|
|Owner||Johnson & Johnson (1999-Present)|
|Year of Establishment||1945|
|Registered Address||199 Grandview Rd, Skillman|
New Jersey, 08558,
|Telephone No.||1 (866) 428-3366|
About The Founders
Albert Musher and Sidney Musher
The Musher brothers had a passion for innovation that went beyond the ordinary. They were driven by curiosity, and a belief in traditional remedies for promoting human wellness. Their collaboration with the Mayo Clinic Dermatology Centre in America led them to explore the potential of raw cereals, specifically oats, as a skincare remedy.
Albert Musher’s vast knowledge in both the food and pharmaceutical fields enabled him to patent over fifty inventions. Together, their efforts resulted in the discovery of oatmeal skin products and the Aveeno Colloidal Oatmeal, a now nationally recognized brand.
Through their visionary product development, Sidney and Albert Musher left an indelible mark on the skin care industry.
List of 20 bestselling products by Aveeno:
- Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer
- Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser
- Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion
- Active Naturals Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream
- Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser
- Protect + Hydrate Sunscreen Lotion
- Baby Daily Moisture Lotion
- Absolutely Ageless Restorative Night Cream
- Positively Radiant Daily Face Moisturizer
- Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream
- Stress Relief Moisturizing Lotion
- Positively Nourishing Antioxidant Infused Calming Body Lotion
- Clear Complexion Blemish Treatment Daily Moisturizer
- Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer
- Absolutely Ageless Anti-Wrinkle Cream
- Intense Relief Hand Cream
- Natural Protection Lotion Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 50
- Skin Brightening Daily Cleanser
- Active Naturals Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion
We appreciate that you have given your attention to this article about “Aveeno”. We wish it is both useful and informative. If you want to stay up-to-date with other similar topics, please subscribe to our website. We present insightful information about many businesses from different business sectors.