Justin Kan Biography, Age, Career, Birth & Family, Company profile, Co-founding Twitch and more
Justin Kan was born on July 16, 1983, in Seattle, Washington, USA. He is a well-known investor and internet entrepreneur in the United States. He co-founded the law tech company Atrium where he served as CEO. He is the co-founder of the live video platforms Justin. tv and Twitch and the mobile social video application Socialcam.
Birth and Family
Justin Kan attended Yale University from 2001 to 2005. He graduated with a bachelor of arts double major in physics and philosophy Treesia Kan is a real estate professional living in Seattle. She is the mother of entrepreneurs Justin Kan and Daniel Kan. Daniel Kan is an American entrepreneur and technology executive. He is the co-founder and chief operating officer of Cruise Automation.
|Date of Birth||July 16, 1983|
|Age||38 years (as of 2022)|
|Known for||Co-founding Twitch|
|Birth Place||Seattle, Washington, U.S.|
|Home Town||Seattle, Washington, U.S.|
|Current Residence||Seattle, Washington, U.S.|
- Justin Kan was formerly a partner at Silicon Valley incubator Y Combinator. In 2007, Justin Kan and partners started Justin.tv. His attempt to broadcast his entire life on Justin.tv, which he named after himself, popularized the term ‘’lifecasting’’. Lifecasting lasted about eight months.
- The company then decided to spin off the gaming content under a separate brand at a separate site. They named it TwitchTV.
- Justin Kan launched Socialcam. Socialcam was a mobile social video application for iPhone and Android that allowed users to capture and share videos online.
- On 29th February, 2012, Justin Kan launched Exec, a new service to allow anyone to outsource anything they want for $25/hour. Exec was co-founded with his brother Daniel Kan.
- Kan became a partner at Y Combinator in March 2014, where he offered advice to the new startups in each batch.
- Kan and his college friend Ranidu Lankage founded The Drop. It is a Reddit-style electronic music discovery platform that launched in early 2015.
- In 2017, Kan publicly launched Atrium. In 2021, Justin launched a youtube channel.
- In December 2021, Justin Kan started Fractal.in as a marketplace for players to buy Solana-based NFTs directly from game companies as well as a secondary marketplace for peer-to-peer trading.
If you want to know anything else about Justin Kan. Please comment below we will try to provide information.