India Cements Limited Company Profile, Wiki, Networth, Owner, CEO, Founder Name, Parent Company and more
India Cements Limited is an Indian multinational Cement company. The company headquarter is in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It is one of the leading cement manufacturing companies in India and also a market leader in South India.
The Company has stood the test of time and has rapidly grown from two plants and 1.3 million tonnes capacity in 1989 to eight integrated plants and two grinding units with a total capacity of 15.5 million tonnes. India Cement’s vision is to create value on a sustained basis for all stakeholders of India Cements through lofty standards of transparency, accountability and responsibility, innovation and leadership in cement manufacture. It is the leading cement company in India.
|Company Name||India Cements Limited|
|Founder Name||S. N. N. Sankaralinga Iyer|
|Date of Establishment||1946|
|Headquarter||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Registered Address||Dhun Building, No: 827, 4th Floor, Mount Road, Anna Salai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Telephone No.||91 4428521526|
India Cements Limited established in 1946.
- 1946, the company started cement production in India.
- 1949, the company commissioned of first cement plant at Sankari with capacity of 1 lakh tonnes per annum.
- 1969, the company expanded of Sankamagar plant capacity of 9 lakhs tonnes per annum.
- 1990, the company converted to dry Process of Sankamagar plant with increase capacity of 1 million tonnes per annum.
- 2004, the company commissioned Waste Heat Recovery system for generation of 7.7 mw power from waste gas Vishnupuram Plant.
- 2006, the company issued Zero Coupon convertible bonds.
- 2008, the company commenced production of Grinding Unit of one million tonne capacity in Parli, Maharashtra.
- 2010, the company acquired of Indo-Zinc Limited by picking up 60.89% equity stake by the company’s subsidiary.
- 2012, the company commissioned of captive power plant of 48mwcapacity by Sankarnagar.
- 2018, the company get a certificate merit awarded by the Ministry of Labor & Employment, Coimbatore for Sankari Plant for implementing Change management effectively.
India Cements Limited founded by S. N. N. Sankaralinga Iyer. He was an Indian industrialist and born on 1901 in Tamil Nadu. He desired to promote the industrialization of South India whose economy was largely agricultural at that time. His first venture was financial as he established the Indo-Commercial Bank with its head-office at Mayuram in Tirunelveli District with the help of a group of friends.
At the age of 17, Iyer married to Pichumal and blessed with a son K. S. Narayanan in 1919. In 1972, Sankaralinga Iyer died. Recently, the Vice Chairman and Managing Director of the company is Mr. N. Srinivasan.
If you want to know anything else about the India Cements Limited. Please comment below we will try to provide information.