Hindalco Industries Ltd. Wiki, Company Details, Founder, Copper and Aluminium, Net Worth and Many More
Hindalco Industries Ltd. is an Indian company of manufacturing of Copper and Aluminium. The company headquartered is in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It is a flagship company of the Aditya Birla Group, is the industry leader in aluminium and copper. Hindalco is the world’s largest aluminium rolling company and one of Asia’s biggest producers of primary aluminium.
|Hindalco Industries Ltd.
|Date of Establishment
|Kumar Mangalam Birla
|Birla Centurion, 7th floor
Pandurang Budhkar Road
Worli, Mumbai – 400 030
|+91 22 6662 6666 / 6261 0555
Hindalco Industries Ltd established in 1958. It is one of largest company of manufacturing of aluminium and copper. The company’s aluminium units across the country encompass the gamut of operations from bauxite mining, alumina refining, coal mining, captive power plants and aluminium smelting to downstream rolling, extrusions and foils.
- Aluminium: One of the largest integrated primary producer of aluminium in Asia. With a pan-Indian presence that encompasses the entire gamut of operations, from bauxite mining, alumina refining, aluminium smelting to downstream rolling, extrusions and recycling. Hindalco enjoys a leadership position in aluminium and downstream value-added products in India.
- Copper: Hindalco’s copper division, Birla Copper, operates one of the largest single location custom copper smelters in the world. The custom copper smelter at Dahej in the state of Gujarat houses three copper smelters, three refineries, two rod plants, a captive power plant, a captive oxygen plant, phosphoric acid plant, di-ammonium phosphate plant, precious metal recovery plant, captive jetty and other utilities.
- Chemicals: Hindalco manufactures coarse alumina hydrate, metallurgical alumina, special alumina and alumina hydrate. The chemicals business focuses on special alumina and alumina hydrates, which are products of in-house technological innovation by our Research & Development team at Hindalco Innovation Centre-Alumina(HIC-A).
- Dry cargo handling: Hindalco’s Dahej Harbour and Infrastructure Limited (DHIL) operates an all-weather jetty in the Gulf of Khambhat on the west coast of India. DHIL is strategically located at latitude 21.42° N and longitude 72.315°E to cater to the logistics and transportation needs of its customers.
- Fertilisers: Hindalco produces di-ammonium phosphate (DAP) fertiliser. It is the most popular phosphatic fertiliser because of its high nutrient content and good physical properties.
- Acids: During Hindalco’s copper production process, by-products such as sulphuric acid and copper slag are formed. Sulphuric acid is partly converted into phosphoric acid, which is then made to react with ammonia to make di-ammonium phosphate (DAP) fertiliser. During the process of making phosphoric acid, phosphogypsum and hydrofluosilicic acid (HFA) are formed. HFA is partly utilised to make aluminium fluoride, and rest is sold in the market.