Grasim Industries Ltd Wiki, Company Details, Founder, Fibre, Chemicals, Agrochemicals, Textiles, Insulator, Net Worth and Many More
Grasim Industries Limited is an Indian company of manufacturing based in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It is a flagship company of the global conglomerate Aditya Birla Group, ranks amongst the top publicly listed companies in India. Grasim started as a textiles manufacturer in India.
|Company Name||Grasim Industries Limited|
|Date of Establishment||1947|
|Founder||Kumar Mangalam Birla|
|Registered Address||Aditya Birla Centre, “A” Wing, 2nd Floor,|
S. K. Ahire Marg, Worli, Mumbai – 400 030,
|Net Worth||US$38 billion|
|Telephone no.||91 22 6652 5000, +91 22 2499 5000|
Grasim Industries Limited established in 1947 by Kumar Mangalam Birla. It is a leading global producer of Viscose Staple Fibre, the largest Chlor-Alkali, Linen and Insulators player in India. The company has many subsidiaries, UltraTech Cement and Aditya Birla Capital. Grasim has also announced foray in decorative Paints business.
- Viscose Staple Fibre: It is the fast emerging as a sustainable alternative to cotton. A versatile fibre, VSF is used in apparel, home textiles, dress materials, knit wears and non-woven applications. Our Birla Cellulose range of fibres can be used in their original form, or can be blended with all natural and synthetic fibres for enhanced comfort and feel.
- Viscose Filament Yarn: Grasim Industries Limited is the largest viscose filament yarn (VFY) manufacturer in India and the 3rd largest globally. The company is also the largest VFY exporter in India with exports to 45 countries.
- Chemicals: In 1972, Grasim’s chemicals business was set up to manufacture caustic soda for the company’s VSF unit. Today, it is one of India’s largest caustic soda producers and is a market leader in the chlor-alkali segment. Over the years, Grasim’s chemicals business has created a strong foothold in the industry and offers a wide range of products from chlorine derivatives to epoxy.
- Textiles: Grasim ventured into the textiles industry in 1949 by setting up Jaya Shree Textiles at Rishra, West Bengal. Today, Jaya Shree Textiles is one of India’s leading linen and wool manufacturers. It has four strategic business units (SBUs) i.e., linen spinning, linen fabric, wool combing and worsted spinning.
- Fertilisers: Grasim’s fertiliser division, Indo Gulf Fertilisers (IGF) is a leading agri-solutions provider. From sowing to harvesting, it develops solutions and products for each stage of farming. Marketed under the name ‘Birla Shaktiman’, the brand is one of the most popular fertiliser brands in the Indo-Gangetic plain, the core market where it operates.
- Insulators: Aditya Birla Insulators is India’s largest manufacturer of electrical insulators and is amongst the top four insulator manufacturers globally. It produces the widest range of insulators in India including insulators for transmission lines & substations up to 1200 kV voltage level, as well as equipment & railways.