Suave was one of the most popular shampoo brands in America due to a successful advertising campaign which showed off the brand’s great quality and affordable prices in the 70s and 80s. After the success of its signature shampoo, the company expanded its personal care lines by introducing Finesse and Salon Selectives. By 1989, Suave and its associated products had become one of the top ten national shampoo brands.
Today, Suave is still a strong force in the market, offering a wide range of products to fit just about everyone’s needs. Whether it’s their classic shampoos and conditioners, or luxurious lotions and creams, Suave has something for everyone. What’s more, Suave is still very competitively priced when compared to other name brands, making it a great option for those looking for quality products at an affordable price. With the company’s long line of classics, as well as newer products like their Proving Ground line, Suave proves that it can still stay ahead of the curve when it comes to personal care.
Suave is the brand name of a company based in Chicago, Illinois and used in the United States, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, and Canada by Unilever. It began as a hair tonic by National Mineral Company in the United States in 1937.
|Founder||Helene Curtis Industries, Inc. (1937-1996)|
|Year of Establishment||1937|
|Product Category||Shampoo & Conditioner|
About the Founding Company
Helene Curtis Industries
In the 1920s, two entrepreneurs, Gerald Gidwitz and Louis Stein set out on a mission to create a successful beauty company. They formed the National Mineral Company in Chicago, which focused on facial mudpack products. But they soon shifted their focus to haircare products and began producing “machineless” waving pads to make permanent waves easier.
Their flagship product, Lanolin Creme Shampoo, was introduced in the mid-1930s and was only available in beauty salons. It became so popular that the company produced small retail sizes for salon resale. This led to the development of Suave Hairdressing, another popular product from Helene Curtis.
But because the firm lacked the resources to compete on an international scale, it agreed to be acquired by Unilever for about $770 million in February 1996. Now, Helene Curtis is part of one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies, allowing the brand to reach millions of customers worldwide.
- 3-in-1 Shampoo with 100% Natural Coconut Oil
- 3-in-1 Shampoo with 100% Natural Lavender
- 3-in-1 Shampoo with 100% Natural Shea Butter
- Berry Awesome Detangler Spray
- Berry Blue Body Wash
- Coconut Splash 3-in-1 Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash
- Defining Cream for Curls
- Detangler with 100% Natural Marigold
- Detangling Conditioner for Curls
- Disney Encanto Magical Berry 3-in-1
- Disney Frozen Enchanted Berry 3-in-1
- Disney Frozen Frosted Berry Detangler Spray
- Free & Gentle Body Wash
- Fruit Fusion Strawberry Bath Bombs
- Kids Lice Removing Kit (Solution + Lice Comb)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 3-in-1 Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash
- Moisturizing Shampoo for Curls
- Paw Patrol Adventure Bay Breeze 3-in-1
- Peach 3-in-1 Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash
- Purely Fun Moisturizing 3-in-1 Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash
- Sensitive Skin 3-in-1 Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash
- Silly Apple 3-in-1 Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash
- Silly Apple Detangler Spray
- SpongeBob Jellyfish Splash 2-in-1 Shampoo & Body Wash
- Strawberry Blast Body Wash
- Sweet Treats Cotton Candy Bath Bombs
- That Girl Lay Lay Nickeledeon Princess Slaya 3-in-1
- That Girl Lay Lay Nickeledeon Princess Slaya Detangler
- Watermelon Wonder 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
- Watermelon Wonder 3-in-1 Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash
- Active Sport Antiperspirant Deodorant
- Extra Fresh Antiperspirant Deodorant
- Firm Hold Hair Gel for Men
- Styling Hair Paste for Men
- Citrus Rush 3-in-1 Shampoo, Conditioner and Body Wash
- Classic Clean Anti Dandruff 2-in-1 Shampoo
- Ocean Charge 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
- Thick & Full 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
- Refreshing Body + Face Wash
- Energizing Sport Body + Face Wash
We are grateful that you have taken the time to read this article about “Suave”. We hope it was both helpful and educational. If you would like to stay up-to-date with more content like this, we invite you to subscribe to our website. We provide insightful information about a wide range of companies in various industries. We thank you for your visit and look forward to having a continuous connection with you.