Neutrogena has grown to become a major player in the beauty industry, with their quality skin care, hair care and cosmetics products now available in more than 70 countries. Subsidiaries in Canada, the UK, South Korea and India ensure Neutrogena is always close by for those seeking high-quality skin care products.
Its long history, beginning with Emanuel Stolaroff founding Natone in 1930 and later becoming part of Johnson & Johnson in 1994, have resulted in Neutrogena becoming known for producing top-of-the-line products that meet the changing needs of its consumers. Neutrogena is a trusted name when it comes to skin care and will continue to provide superior products for years to come.
|Parent Company/Owner||Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc.|
|Year of Establishment||1930|
|Headquarter||Los Angeles, United States|
|Phone||1-800-582-4048 (complaints or issues)|
1-888-984-2464 (online shopping, orders, billing, shipping)
Top 50 Best selling products of Neutrogena:
- Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Retinol Oil
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Lip Shine
- Neutrogena Light Therapy Acne Spot Treatment
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Cleansing Gel
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
- Neutrogena Rapid Dark Circle Repair Eye Cream
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen SPF 55
- Neutrogena Makeup Removing Towelettes
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Serum
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunscreen SPF 70
- Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Moisturizing Lip Balm
- Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Wipes
- Neutrogena Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Cleanser
- Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes
- Neutrogena Triple Age Repair Moisturizer
- Neutrogena Makeup Removing Cleansing Wipes
- Neutrogena Ultra Soft Facial Cleanser
- Neutrogena Wave Power-Cleanser Pads
- Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Dark Spot Corrector
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion
- Neutrogena Rainbath Refreshing Shower and Bath Gel
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint
- Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask
- Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Night Moisturizer
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Eye Cream
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser
- Neutrogena Bright Boost Brightening Gel Cream
- Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser
- Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Wash
- Neutrogena Clear Pore Facial Cleanser
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Face Sunscreen SPF 70
- Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Skin Brightening Serum
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Whipped Body Balm
- Neutrogena Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Spot Gel
- Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara
- Neutrogena Clean Sensitive Skin Facial Cleanser
- Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Lip Treatment
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Water Gel Sunscreen
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Eye Patch
- Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo
- Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Moisturizer
- Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Wipes
- Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner
- Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Night Moisturizing Cream
- Neutrogena Rapid Clear Maximum Strength Spot Treatment
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrator+Tint
The history of Neutrogena is timeline-based, divided into yearly segments:
In 1930, Emanuel Stolaroff founded Natone, a supplier of film-industry beauty salons. From its small inception, he quickly developed it into an expansive retail business.
In order to make science-backed skin care accessible for everyone, Stolaroff identified a patented, clear liquid soap formula that could easily be rinsed off the skin and arranged to import it to various department stores and drug stores under the name Neutrogena®.
Such was the popularity of the Neutrogena® soap, that the company eventually named itself after it, becoming the Neutrogena Corporation.
In 1967, Lloyd Cotsen became president of Neutrogena® and began to promote their soap to the medical profession, creating a strong connection within the dermatology field. By 1973, the company had begun researching and producing more safe and high-end skin care products.
Neutrogena was listed on the NASDAQ with a market value of $1.2 million, and Cotsen used two main ways for marketing the soap: through dermatologists and high-end hotels. The company was also able to avoid significant pricing wars like many other big businesses during that time.
Additionally, additional product lines such as acne and anti-aging were released.
Neutrogena® entered the hair care market, attracting a new wave of health-forward beauty customers.
Neutrogena revolutionized skin care with the launch of Oil-Free Moisturizer, the first product made to combine moisturizing and sun protection properties.
Johnson & Johnson acquired Neutrogena for $924 million in 1994, paying $35.25 per share. Thanks to the global reach of Johnson & Johnson, Neutrogena was able to expand its sales and establish a presence in India, South Africa, and China.
Throughout the years, Neutrogena® has provided innovative products at a reasonable price, with HELIOPLEX® Technology, Hydro Boost and Rapid Wrinkle Repair® becoming essential parts of everyday skin care routines.
Neutrogena Skin360® revolutionized skin care by providing personalized products to suit any skin type, making it the first technology of its kind.
For inquiries regarding product usage, ingredients, product complaints or issues, company information, corporate sponsorships, donations, and policies please call 1-800-582-4048 between 9AM – 5:30PM EST Monday to Friday.
If you have questions related to online shopping, orders, billing, shipping, website navigation, general product information, bulk purchase & resale and offers & promotions, you can call 1-888-984-2464 during the same hours.
In the event of a medical emergency or if you need specific medical advice, please consult your primary healthcare provider, poison control center, or your local emergency room.