Adar Poonawala CEO of Serum Institute of India, Covid-19 Vaccine, Education, Career, Personal Life, Awards, Company Profile, Products, Logo, Net Worth and Many More
Adar Poonawala is an Indian businessman and the CEO of Serum Institute of India. He was born on 1981. He joined the company in 2001. In 2011, he became the CEO of Serum Institute with complete control of the day-to-day operations of the company. In 2012, he played a major role in the acquisition of Bilthoven Biologicals, a Netherlands-based government vaccine manufacturing company. Poonawalla is also associated as a board member of the GAVI Alliance, which is the global Vaccine Alliance.
|Age (as in 2021)||40 years|
|Education||The Bishop’s School (Pune)|
St Edmund’s School Canterbury
|Net Worth||$10 billion to $13 billion USD|
|Designation||CEO, Serum Institute of India|
Adar Poonawala did his education from The Bishop’s School (Pune) and St Edmund’s School Canterbury. After graduating from the University of Westminster in London, he joined the Serum Institute of India in 2001. Then he exporting its products to 35 countries, Poonawalla concentrated on the company’s international market and on getting new products licensed and pre-qualified by the World Health Organization, for supply to United Nations Agencies including UNICEF and PAHO.
- 2016– He was listed by GQ Magazine and awarded Philanthropist of the year.
- 2017– He received Humanitarian Endeavour Award In Hall of Fame Awards 2017 and was also awarded as Indian of the Year in CSR Business Category on CNN-News18.
- 2018– Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis presented the ET Edge Maharashtra Achievers Awards of Business Leader of the Year to Poonawala, he further received CNBC Asia’s award for Corporate Social Responsibility in the same year.
- 2020- Adar was included in a Fortune magazine’s ’40 Under 40′ listing in the healthcare category.
- 2021– Adar has been adjudged Entrepreneur of the Year by Economic Times for unparalleled contribution in fighting Covid-19 by successfully supplying huge quantities of Covishield in India and globally, a vaccine developed by Oxford-AstraZeneca and produced in India by Serum Institute.
Adar Poonawala married to Natasha Poonawalla and blessed with two beautiful Children. He is a dedicated and hard working personal. He understands his responsibility and never give up in any situation. He loved his family. His father Cyrus Poonawala was also a kind-hearted person.
Serum Institute of India is an Indian company of biotechnology. The company headquarter is in Hadapsar, Pune, India. It is the world’s largest vaccine manufacturer by number of doses produced and sold globally (more than 1.3 billion doses) which includes Polio vaccine as well as Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Hib, BCG, r-Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccines. It is estimated that about 65% of the children in the world receive at least one vaccine manufactured by Serum Institute. Vaccines manufactured by the Serum Institute are accredited by the World Health Organization, Geneva and are being used in around 170 countries across the globe in their national immunization programs, saving millions of lives throughout the world.
- Bacterial Vaccines
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Vaccines
- Viral Vaccines
- Polysaccharide Conjugate Vaccines
- Pharma Products
- Combination Vaccines
- Recombinant and other Products
- Imported Gonadotrophins Marketed in India
- Indian Gonadotrophins
If you want to know anything else about the Adar Poonawala. Please comment below we will try to provide information.