Milma Profile, Wiki, Networth, Owner, CEO, Founder Name, Parent Company and more
Kerala Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation is an Indian Dairy company. The company headquarter is in Kerala, India. The company brand name is ‘Milma’. It is a three-tiered organization. The company manufactures milk and various milk-based products as well as mango drink throughout the state.
MILMA has been instrumental in achieving the national goal of self-sufficiency in milk production in the state. The company goal is “The socio-economic progress of the dairy farmer through procuring, processing and marketing of milk”. Still the goal is receding as Kerala enjoys one of the highest ranges of per capita milk consumption. KCMMF is totally content in the realization of this vision which was set before it. KCMMF has achieved the distinction in its performance by close association and bond with National Dairy Development Board, Animal Husbandry Department and Dairy Development Department of the State and Kerala Livestock Development Board.
|Founder/Owner||Kerala Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation|
(Government of Kerala)
|Date of Establishment||1980|
|Establishment Place||Kerala, India|
|Revenue||INR 1695 Crores (in 2019-20)|
|Chairman||P.A. Balan Master|
|Registered Address||Milma Bhavan”, Pattom Palace P.O, Thiruvananthapuram-695 004, Kerala, India|
- Fermented Dairy Products
- Fat Rich Dairy Products
- Frozen Dairy Products
- Refreshing Beverages
- Heat Acid Coagulated Products
- Drinking Water
- Dried Milk Products
- Milk Based Sweets & Confectionery
Milma established in 1980. In 1983, the company operate on the truly democratic lines of “of the farmer, by the farmer and for the farmer”. In 2018-2019, Milk procurement has shown a phenomenal growth from 52000 liters per day. The average milk sales per day was 12.98 lakh liters. The company providing best quality milk and milk products to the customers in a wide range.
The company has three regional Co-operative milk Producers:
- Thiruvananthapuram Regional Co-operative Milk Producers’ Union Ltd: It was registered in1985, as a Regional Milk Union with 4 Southern Districts of Kerala viz, Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Alappuzha and Pathanamthitta as its area of operation. TRCMPU was formed by dividing the area of operation of Kerala Milk Marketing Federation, formed for implementing OF II project.
- Ernakulam Regional Co-operative Milk Producers’ Union Limited: It was registered in 985 with Ernakulam, Thrissur, Kottayam and Idukki Districts in Central Kerala as its area of operation. The Union along with its sister unions (TRCMPU & MRCMPU) is affiliated to the Kerala Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd. KCMMF as the implementing agency for Operation Flood II in the State of Kerala. The goal of KCMMF is “the Socio-economic progress of the dairy farmer through procuring, processing and marketing of milk”. The Union has an elected Board and all employees including the Managing Director are its own employees.
- Malabar Regional Co-operative Milk Producers’ Union Limited: It is a Union of more than 1000 village level dairy co-operative societies located in the six northern districts of Kerala State in South India and it is owned by the dairy farmers who are members of each affiliated society and who live in the area of operation of these societies. The societies function on the pattern of the societies affiliated to the world famous Anand Milk Union Ltd. (AMUL) at Anand (Gujarat), India and hence are also known as Anand Pattern Co-op Societies or “APCOS”.
If you want to know anything else about the Milma. Please comment below we will try to provide information.