Babbel Wiki, Company Profile, Founder, Logo, Net Worth, Concept, Branding and more
Babbel GmbH, operating as Babbel is a German subscription-based language learning app and e-learning platform available in various languages since January 2008. Babbel’s mission is to get you to speak a new language as soon as possible.
You can learn through questions. No random words and phrases. Babbel teaches you language skills for real-life scenarios. Babbel reintroduces words through six memory stages using the technique of spaced repetition. Every learner is different. That’s why Babbel offers personalized learning paths.
|Date of Establishment||2007|
|Establishment Place||Berlin, Germany|
|Founder||Thomas Holl, |
Lorenz Heine and
|Registered Address||Berlin, Germany|
|Net Worth||Data not available|
|Telephone no.||Data not available|
- Babbel is operated by Babbel GmbH in Berlin, Germany. Babbel has around 450 full-time employees and freelancers.
- The company is based in the Berlin neighborhood of Mitte. The company was founded in August 2007 by Thomas Holl, Toine Diepstraten, Lorenz Heine and Markus Witte.
- In January 2008, the language learning platform went online with community features as a free beta version.
- In March 2013, Babbel acquired San Fransisco startup PlaySay Inc. to expand into the United States.
- In January 2015, Babbel opened an office in New York City.
- In 2021, Babbel launched Babbel Live, offering online tutoring classes to customers.
Babbel is a premium, subscription-based language learning app for web, iOS, and Android. Babbel currently offers 15 different languages from seven display languages- German, English (UK+US), French, Spanish, Brazilian, Portuguese, Italian, and Swedish.
Babbel’s original learning content is developed in-house by a team of over 100 educators and linguists. There are beginner, intermediate, and grammar courses. In August 2017, Babbel announced that it had partnered with Cambridge English Language Assessment to create a low-cost online English test. Every test features about 70 questions from a bank of hundreds of options.
The word Babble is the imperative mood of babbeIn, which means to chat in the Hessian dialect of German and in Dutch. It is also a pun on the biblical Tower of Babbel- a gigantic ziggurat whose construction was interrupted when the worker’s languages were made mutually unintelligible by God.
Babbel is a good resource for vocabulary everyday phrases and constructing basic sentences. If you are learning Spanish or French, you can get a lot more out of it as these courses take you to an advanced level.
Babbel’s content marketing arm publishes a digital magazine with written and video content in seven different languages. The topics range from behind-the-scenes looks at how Babbel lessons are created to profiles of Babbel customers and language learning tips from the company’s didactics team. In November 2016, Babbel launched a television ad campaign in the UK and Europe.
How do I start Babbel from the beginning?
- Go to www. babbel.com.
- Log into your account.
- Click on My level/ More courses at the top of the screen.
- Choose a course type.
- Choose a course.
- Click the orange start button to start the first lesson of the course.
If you want to know anything else about Babbel. Please comment below we will try to provide information.