SkinCeuticals is an innovative skincare company founded in 1997 by Sheldon Pinnell, M.D., and Russell Moon. The products are developed and patented by Sheldon R. Pinnell and are based on a combination of topical antioxidant serums.
In 2005, SkinCeuticals was acquired by L’Oreal, with the deal being honored as the “Deal of Year/Southwest” by The Deal Finance and Business magazine. For their accomplishments, Moon and Pinnell were named “Entrepreneurs of the Year/Southwest Division” by Ernst & Young in 2003.
SkinCeuticals has a worldwide distribution network and its headquarters remain in Dallas, Texas, offering its customers access to dermatologists, cosmetic surgeons, and spas. The unique combination of topical antioxidant serums has enabled SkinCeuticals to stand out in the field of skincare, making it one of the most trusted brands in the industry.
|Sheldon Pinnell, M.D.
|Year of Establishment
|3434 Altamoore Dr Ste 200 Dallas, TX
(Available Mon-Sat: 11:00 am to 9:00pm EST)
About The Founder
Dr. Sheldon R. Pinnell
Dr. Pinnell was a revered dermatology leader, leaving a lasting legacy in the field. A graduate of Yale University’s Medical School, Dr. Pinnell completed his internship and residency at the University of Minnesota Hospital in Minneapolis and his dermatology training at Harvard University and Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
He then furthered his research into collagen chemistry at both the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda and the Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry in Munich. Additionally, he graduated from Duke University with honors in Chemistry and earned the title of J. Lamar Callaway Professor Emeritus of Dermatology.
In his almost four decades at Duke, Dr. Pinnell trained many doctors from around the world in dermatology and research science. He made major contributions to the study of skin cancer, skin disease and skin aging through more than 200 published papers in renowned journals.
Although Dr. Pinnell passed away on July 4, 2013, his memory lives on through his academic and professional achievements.
Awards & Recognition
Dr. Sheldon Pinnell has won countless awards and accolades for his remarkable achievements. Among his key recognitions:
- J. Lamar Callaway Professor and Chief Emeritus of Dermatology at Duke University
- The Best Aesthetic Doctor in North America
- The Society for Investigative Dermatology, including honorary membership in 2012
- The Best Doctors in America
- The International Who’s Who in Medicine
- Who’s Who in Science and Engineering
- Who’s Who in America
- Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology
- Member of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Member of the American Dermatological Association
- Member of the Society of Investigative Dermatology
- Member of the Association of American Physicians
Dr. Sheldon Pinnell’s research was instrumental in paving the way for the birth of SkinCeuticals in 1997. Since then, our groundbreaking innovations have had a huge impact on the world of skincare science.
- 1997: SkinCeuticals launches Serum 10 and Serum 15.
- 1999: The addition of vitamin E boosts the potency of SkinCeuticals’ antioxidant formulations by doubling the level of photo-protection.
- 2002: SkinCeuticals introduces the first 100% physical sunscreen, Physical UV Defense SPF 30.
- 2005: C E Ferulic launches with a combination of ferulic acid plus vitamins C and E.
- 2008: The introduction of Phloretin CF establishes a new class of antioxidants.
- 2011: The launch of Phloretin CF Gel marks an entirely new antioxidant delivery system.
We are extremely appreciative of you for taking the time to read our article about “SkinCeuticals”. We wish it was both useful and beneficial. So that you can stay abreast of more like stories, kindly make sure to subscribe to our website for the freshest news and understanding on assorted businesses.